Re: novice: extract comma delimited data

From: Chris Nelson <wrhs71_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:51:35 -0400

Excellent point. I have more control over the data that we export, when we do these, and I check that there are no commas present in the data. I've been taking them out when they appear (changing the data, because we can). Maybe I'll just start using other delimiters myself.

This is simple enough, especially when we open the CSV 'spreadsheet' with an Excel macro. Just have the macro use as delimiters the character that you want.

Good tip; thanks.

Chris