Re: What size Sun server for Oracle 3 transaction/min system?

From: Dave Cowden <cowden_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 21:12:27 -0400

Mark:

I think that questions like this one are tough to answer without more specifics, but you might take a look at the TPC-C and TPC-D benchmarks at www.tpc.org, which lists all kinds of benchmarks for database systems and hardware. You'd probably be more interested in the TPC- scores. For each type of benchmark, there are standardized tps for specific hardware, and you might use this info to help you decide.

I think for 3 tps, you'll find that many systems listed at the tpc will be much larger than what you need, but you can at least make a swag.

Hope that helped.
Dave