Re: Strange Performance Behavior on INSERT INTO SELECT statement...

From: Dave Cowden <cowden_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 17:53:41 -0400

Thanks everybody for the responses. I am inclined to think that there MUST be some difference in the execution of the view, because very slight changes in the view source will result in very long run times ( the view results in a bunch of joins and group bys that make the difference between 6 seconds and 1 minute-- the 6 seconds is the result of a lot of time spent optimizing the view hierarchy)

I will try to generate an actual trace file. If will be a little while because I'm travelling right now and wont get a chance to get back to the customer site for a few days. If the trace doesnt show a difference, that explain plan didnt turn up, then i'll try to post the trace of the offending insert into select.

Thanks everybody!
Dave

<925330897.18518.1.nnrp-10.9e984b29_at_news.demon.co.uk>...