Re: Oracle 8 - SQL+ login/username/string?

From: Breno de Avellar Gomes <brenogomes_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 19:52:58 +0100

User scott
password tiger
is the default user defined by installation.

You can use Security Manager to define more users or create manually using the following syntax in Sql*Plus (logon as system, password mamager)

CREATE USER "THEUSER" IDENTIFIED BY "thepassword" DEFAULT TABLESPACE "USER_DATA" TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "TEMPORARY_DATA" PROFILE DEFAULT ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
GRANT "CONNECT" TO "THEUSER";
GRANT "RESOURCE" TO "THEUSER";
GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO "THEUSER"; ALTER USER "THEUSER" DEFAULT ROLE ALL; replace "THEUSER" and the password as appropriate - double quotes are part of syntax.

In order to give access to db1 use
GRANT "CONNECT" ON username.db1 TO "THEUSER" where username is the user who created the table