Re: Oracle8i Java stored procedure performance.

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:51:42 +0900

Peter Wu wrote:

> Hi, Does anyone have experience with Oracle8i Java stored procedure? How is
> the performance of it? Someone told me that it is faster than PLSQL stored
> procedure, is it true?
>
> Can anyone direct me to any reference?
>
> Thanks

(Without having tried it) I think the claims of Java being faster are based on the Oracle direction of producing compilers for the Java code so that it won't have to run in interpreted fashion (like PLSQL).

(Those compilers don't come out for a while yet...) --

Connor McDonald
BHP Information Technology
Perth, Western Australia
"Never wrestle a pig - you both get dirty and the pig likes it..." Received on Tue Apr 27 1999 - 21:51:42 CDT