Oracle Network?

From: <art_merar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:44:33 GMT

Hello,

We will be creating a trigger to send records to another Oracle database on our network. I assume that I will need to change the tnsnames.ora file. The machine will not be in place for at least 3 weeeks.

In the mean time, I was to install Personal Oracle on a PC hooked up on the hub. I am hoping to simulate the 'sending records' process. This will work right? Since that PC will have an IP address, I should be able to set it up in the tnsnames.ora file as another database right?

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Send a copy to my e-mail......

Thanks,

Arthur