Re: firewall sqlnet woes

From: <alexjunq_at_terra.softdes.com.br>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:05:30 GMT

Hi,

  I've been around this same problem using my ORACLE thru firewall, and   tried all solutions provided here, and others too, but none of them worked.

  I also experienced some other configurations (ORACLE running in UNIXes   boxes also as running in NTs ones) and this problem just happens when   I'm working with NT servers.

  There's any difference between SQL*Net implementations in Unix x NT,   specifically about handling connections thru TCP/IP, or these things   should be related to MS TCP/IP implementation ?

  I've been successufuly using these configurations:

    HP-UX x ORACLE 7.3.4 x SQL*Net23
    HP-UX x ORACLE 8.0.4 x Net8
    Linux x ORACLE 7.3.3 x SQL*Net23
    Linux x ORACLE 8.0.5 x Net8

    SCO x ORACLE 7.1 x SQL*Net2?
    SCO x ORACLE 7.3 x SQL*Net23

  but not using those:

    NT x ORACLE 7.3.4 x SQL*Net23
    NT x ORACLE 8.0.5 x Net8
    Win95 x PersonalORACLE 7.3.x x SQL*Net23     Win95 x PersonalORACLE 8.0.x x Net8

  all of them use same SQLNET.ORA, LISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA files.

  Thanks in advance.

  Alexandre Junqueira