Re: Strange behavior on NT

From: dave <cowden_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 00:00:48 -0400

What NT service pack are you running?
We had a similar problem when we upgraded to SP4, and going back to SP3 fixed our problem. In our case, we experienced a constant, gradual decrease in performance for a batch type operation (where we ran a task that pegged the CPU but only for a few seconds). As time went on, the task took longer and longer. If your application has the CPU chugging away constantly, then after some time, the CPU would be pegged all the time. In that case, you may be experienceing the same problem we did. anyway, post back if you find any insights.

Dave