Re: insert many records in short time

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 27 Apr 1999 01:32:43 GMT

Using SQLLOADER with the DIRECT=TRUE option (see the manual), I can load 4,000,000 rows into a table in about 15 minutes...

NT 350Mhz, 256M RAM, SCSI drives

The only difference between the 'old' SQLLOAD and the direct option is the presence of the option on the command line...

SQLLDR8 x.ctl direct=true

There are some considerations to using this option if you will be adding to existings tables (my load is into a temp table; the CTL has a TRUNCATE in it). You can also speed it up if you can use parallel processors.

Hope this helps
Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Mon Apr 26 1999 - 20:32:43 CDT