Re: Oracle 8.0.5 and ADO 2.0 Question

From: Jason <jlinenberger_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 10:56:09 -0500

I know how you feel about your posts not being answered. I've had six different questions about ADO 2.0 posted at different times that were never answered. ADO is not popular and will not be popular for awhile because it has problems similar to the one you are experiencing.

Microsoft is currently working on Service Pack 3 for VB6 that might correct the problem you are having. If I were you I would continue to use Oracle 8.0.5 because reverting back to 7.3 shouldn't make any difference. Hopefully that SV3 will be out within the next month.

If it makes you feel any better I get the same error message even when I use MSJET 3.51 drivers to connect to Access. I have also had the exact same problem with Oracle. The error is in the control (that is what Microsoft told me)

Best of Luck with ADO,
Jason