Problems running Apache and Oracle 8

From: Paul Davies <cobalt_at_dircon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 15:41:58 +0100

I'm trying to get Oracle 8 running with Apache so the database can be access via the web.

The problem is that my CGI scripts don't connect to Oracle when executed from the web browser (though they do when run on their own).

From the Apache logs, the error is:

ORACLE_HOME environment variable not set!

I have changed the Apache conf files so that Apache runs under the oracle user but it does not appear to be picking up the oracle environment variables.

How can I solve this?

Help appreciated

Paul Received on Mon Apr 26 1999 - 09:41:58 CDT