Re: ORACLE8 and HP-UX10.20

From: Richard Lloyd <rkl_at_csc.liv.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 00:56:12 GMT

In article <372f3a11.7376206_at_netnews.worldnet.att.net>, jonathan_at_gennick.com (Jonathan Gennick) writes:
> Just this week I reviewed the release notes for Oracle8i,
> release 8.1.5 on HP-UX.

Is this actually out on HP-UX yet ? Trying to get info on Oracle 8i release dates (especially here in the UK) is next to impossible. I phoned up Oracle Support in the UK and they have no idea, plus the UK Web site (at www.oracle.co.uk) points all its Oracle 8i links to the US Web site, which is no good for UK customers !!

> The 8.1.5 release is not supported under HP-UX 10.20.
> That's a problem for me, and maybe for
> you, because we are running HP-UX 10.20. In order to upgrade
> Oracle, I have to arrange for the OS to be upgraded first.

You could run 8.0.5 of course, which is supported on 10.20, but maybe you're already doing that and hence the need for an upgrade.

Richard K. Lloyd,         E-mail: rkl_at_connect.org.uk
Connect,                     WWW: http://www.connect.org.uk/

Liverpool University,
Merseyside, England,
Great Britain. Received on Sat Apr 24 1999 - 19:56:12 CDT