Oracle Forms 4.5 Question

From: Shujaat H. Siddiqui <dpss_at_dataprompt.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:53:46 -0400

I have created 4 tables for this project. The first form to enter the data for customer with all the information, the table name is air_cust, and I called the form as air_cust. In the form I called the block as customer. I have another table as cust_prof which will keep the profile of the customer.
What I am trying to do is when the person will enter home phone of the customer on the air_cust.fmb screen, I want to go and check if the phone number exists in cust_prof table, if not then bring the form up to enter customer profile information, and close the new form, keep going on the old form.
I tried to do WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM on the home_phone text item, and build a trigger. But for some reason it is keep giving me error: The trigger goes like this:

select home_phone from cust_prof
where :customer.home_phone = cust_prof.home_phone; if SQL%NOTFOUND then
call d:\orawin\form45\cust_pr.fmd',No-Hide,NO_QUERY,DO_REPLACE); end if;

But it gives me error on "from" part.

I will appreciate it if someone could help me out please.

My email address is s_shujaat_at_hotmail.com.

Thanks for your help in advance. Received on Fri Apr 23 1999 - 14:53:46 CDT