ORACLE JDBC lowercase tables & columns

From: <acidnuke_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 16:13:29 GMT

hi there ...

i've created two tables associated with my USERNAME (schema) in ORACLE using SQL PLUS ...

these tables have names "lowercase_table" and "lowercase table" in "lowercase_table", i have two columns ...   UCASEF1 VARCHAR2(10),
  "lcasef2" VARCHAR2(10),

in "lowercase table", i have two columns ...   NORMFIE1 VARCHAR2(10),
  NORMFIE2 VARCHAR2(10), i use JDK 1.1.7 and personal oracle 8.0.4 with the JDBC THIN DRIVER now, my problem is ...

the getColumns(..., "lowercase_table") returns the 4 columns ...   UCASEF1, "lcasef2", NORMFIE1, NORMFIE2

and the getColumns(..., "lowercase table") returns 2 columns CORRECTLY ...   NORMFIE1, NORMFIE2 is this an undocumented feature in PO8? ... also, is there any way
by which i can CREATE lowercase tablenames using PO8's NAVIGATOR? what about lowercase tables with spaces in their name? seems to fail

has anybody else faced any similar problemos? lemme know ... cya ...