Oracle replication

From: Tim Shute <Tshute_at_nospamnisoft.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:34:16 +0100

Hi newsgroup,

Can anyone out there suggest the range of options for addressing the following problem :-
Customer is proposing to install Oracle 7.3.4 on NT. Some of the influential users are worried that their network might go down, preventing them from using our software on client PCs as they could not see the server.

What are my options for on-line replication / duplication of the Oracle database onto, for example, PO8 on a PC so that they can use that as a 'stand-alone' backup machine until the network comes back. There are other considerations, such as re-synchronisation and speed of replication.

Comments welcome
--
Tim Shute
Software Engineering Manager

NiSoft (UK) Limited
Unit 8, 31 Ballynahinch Road, Carryduff, BELFAST BT8 8EH Tel: +44 (0) 1232 814121, Fax: +44 (0) 1232 813962 email: tshute_at_nisoft.co.uk
Internet: www.nisoft.co.uk Received on Fri Apr 23 1999 - 05:34:16 CDT