Re: WHERE IN query

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:03:03 +0200

Timothy wrote
> Select * from Table
> where ID||Name in (select ID2||Name2 from Table2)

I'm glad it helped out Joerg as his version of Oracle appearantly did not support the other options. However, I really dislike your solution if it is only just for readability.

First of all, I do not even think it is easier to read, but that is a matter of taste so I won't argue about that.

Secondly, and by far more important: surely a day comes when someone enters a value for name that starts with a digit. I really think it is bad practice to use such combined keys, unless really needed.

Arjan. Received on Fri Apr 23 1999 - 06:03:03 CDT