Re: Which method: dblink or import/export?

From: Jeffery G. Wong <jgwong_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:31:14 -0700

I think more info is needed here. Are you retrieving information from multiple tables that requires joins, or is it just data from one table? I actually like using COPY since I don't need to worry about rollback space (too much) for that for large data transfers. Another method I like is to use PL/SQL (or even just good ol' SQL) to spool the data to a file, and use SQL*Loader to load the data into my local table (direct load, of course, for super-speedy loads!)

Hope that gives you some ideas!