See how you compare to our Top Ten List of Oracle Database Administrators

From: Ann Marie Ludlow <Ludlow_at_NewsReader.Com>
Date: 24 Apr 1999 03:39:37 GMT

Dear Oracle Database Administrator,

Strut your stuff! See if you can score the scores to make our TOP TEN List… and get your certification in the process, FREE!

Through April, TekMetrics has extended its free service of Oracle Database Administrator certifications for OS/390 or UDB conducted through its internet-based CAT engine. Simply go to http://www.tekmetrics.com/cert/certtop.html to order your free certification for either test. You can either elect to take the test right away, or come back later, using the PIN you are provided when you order.

To qualify as a Certified Oracle Database Administrator, you must pass the examination with a score of 2.75 or higher. To be certified as a Master Oracle Database Administrator, you must obtain a score of 4.00 or higher. At the end of the test, your score will be provided (with a scoring range of 1-5). Once certified, you can add the logo associated with the test (standard or master logo, depending on how well you do) to your resume or website. Furthermore, those that pass prior to 4/19 will be mailed a certificate, once again, at no cost (after which time their may be a nominal fee for the shipping of the certificates). There's no catch. We're simply trying to prove a concept during a beta trial period. Thus far, the feedback has been extremely positive!

Why bother getting certified by TekMetrics?

  1. More and more corporations recognize TekMetrics Certifications as an indication not only of the technical workers knowledge level, but also as an indicator that they were willing to demonstrate their skills to them.
  2. It's free and it's fun. They won't be free forever, but they are now. So take advantage of them. Furthermore, those who have completed the tests generally indicate that they enjoyed the experience and considered both the delivery of the test and the items themselves to be of high quality.
  3. Over 4000 technical workers from around the world are ordering our certifications each week, and that number is steadily rising.
  4. Find out both your strengths and weaknesses in Oracle. At the end of the test, you can request specifics on how you did, by subtopic. And yes, that too is free.

All we ask for in return is your feedback at the end of the exam. We will be continually focusing on the improvement of the delivery of the test and quality of the questions. Any feedback you can provide, positive or negative, will help us greatly.

Another FAQ is, "How do you know the person who supposedly took the test was actually the same person? What if it was his hotshot Oracle Database Administrator brother, sister or friend? In other words, what is to prevent him from cheating?" Our solution: we allow employers to spotcheck the technical workers with a short test at no cost at their corporate locations, if they so choose. Corporations have unanimously applauded this solution.

Lastly, data you provide in the certification process is not used without your permission other than to store your certification record and verify to valid employers at their request. We do, however, publish names on our site in a Top Ten Scores list for each category, but no addresses, phone numbers, email, etc.. are shown. For more information, see our privacy statement at http://www.tekmetrics.com/cert/privacy.html

Well, that's pretty much it! We're trying to establish a new cost-effective and convenient alternative to today's certification environment. During this beta trial period, you will be the benefactor of this fun and challenging experience.

If you have any questions/concerns regarding the Oracle certification, please contact Deborah Manley at <mailto:deborah.manley_at_tekmetrics.com>.

Good luck and thank you.

Ann Marie Ludlow
TekMetrics, Inc.
www.tekmetrics.com <http://www.tekmetrics.com>