Slow Oracle ODBC connection initialization

From: Anthony Ho <hoa_at_interlog.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:41:22 -0400

Hi all,

Can anyone help me? I cannot figure out why my application takes 4 seconds to initialize a connection to an Oracle datebase with ODBC. The time it takes to make every connection is quite consistent, 4 seconds. My application is written in Perl 5.004 and the version of the Oracle ODBC driver used was 8.00.0500. My application takes no time to connect to a MS SQL ODBC data source. Can anyone explain to me was seem to be the problem?

My application run on WinNT 4.0 with SP3.

Thanks.

Anthony Received on Thu Apr 22 1999 - 21:41:22 CDT