Re: URGENT:Limit on created users in Oracle 7.3 - how to fix?

From: Graham C Thornton <graham.thornton_at_ln.ssw.abbott.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:11:03 -0500

Jim,

I tried this with the following result - seems to work okay for me.

Don't forget to flush the shared pool after commiting the change.

SVRMGR> select user#, name, type from user$;

USER#      NAME                           TYPE
---------- ------------------------------ ----------
         0 SYS                                     1
         1 PUBLIC                                  0
         2 CONNECT                                 0
         3 RESOURCE                                0
         4 DBA                                     0
         5 SYSTEM                                  1
         6 EXP_FULL_DATABASE                       0
         7 IMP_FULL_DATABASE                       0
        12 MEC                                     1
         8 SNMPAGENT                               0
         9 DBSNMP                                  1
        11 OPS$TAGUEE                              1
        15 _NEXT_USER                              0
        14 TEMPUSER2                               1
14 rows selected.

SVRMGR> drop user tempuser2;
Statement processed.

SVRMGR> update user$ set user# = 13 where name = '_NEXT_USER'; 1 row processed.

SVRMGR> commit;
Statement processed.

SVRMGR> alter system flush shared_pool; Statement processed.

SVRMGR> create user tempuser3 identified by tempuser3; Statement processed.

SVRMGR> select user#, name, type from user$;

USER#      NAME                           TYPE
---------- ------------------------------ ----------
         0 SYS                                     1
         1 PUBLIC                                  0
         2 CONNECT                                 0
         3 RESOURCE                                0
         4 DBA                                     0
         5 SYSTEM                                  1
         6 EXP_FULL_DATABASE                       0
         7 IMP_FULL_DATABASE                       0
        12 MEC                                     1
         8 SNMPAGENT                               0
         9 DBSNMP                                  1
        11 OPS$TAGUEE                              1
        14 _NEXT_USER                              0
        13 TEMPUSER3                               1
14 rows selected.
SVRMGR> Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Graham