rowids and OCI 8

From: Josh Adams <joadams_at_mongoose.bmc.com>
Date: 22 Apr 1999 16:24:42 -0500

In OCI 7, the procedure for getting rowids is little different from the procedure for getting other simple column types. But after an OCI 8 fetch, I get back rowid descriptors instead of actual rowids. How can I get the value of a rowid (such as AAAADCAABAAAAVUAAA) from its descriptor? If I were dealing with lobs instead of rowids, I would use OCILobRead, but I can't find an equivalent routine for rowids.

'Preciate it.

--
Josh Adams - BMC Software
josh_adams_at_NOSPAAM.bmc.com

"Happy fun ball may stick to certain types of skin." [Sorry.] Received on Thu Apr 22 1999 - 16:24:42 CDT