Re: maxfilesize for sqlloader?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 12:10:11 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Magnus Lassi <lassi_at_home.se> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 07:46:52 +0100, you wrote:

>hi, I haven't managed to find the max filesize sqlloader is able to
>handle in the documentation. I have a few files which are larger than 2
>GB and I got some problems when I tried to load them using sqlloader in
>DIRECT mode. I am running Solaris 2.6 which can handle files that big
>and Oracle 8.0.5.
>
>have anyone had any similar problems? unfortunately I don't have the
>error code..when I split the file into smaller files < 2 GB it worked
>fine.
>
>is this indeed a problem with sqlloader? if it is, does anyone know if
>they have fixed it in Oracle 8i?
>
>TIA,
>Magnus Lassi

Many utilities use the 32bit file apis. One method of getting around this is:

$ mknod test.dat p
$ cat your_data > test.dat &
$ sqlldr ... data=test.dat

let sqlldr read from a named pipe, not the real file.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Apr 22 1999 - 07:10:11 CDT