Re: Error Message: ORA-12500 TNS: listener failed to start a dedicated server process

From: David Guyon Martin <d.gm_at_francemel.com.nospam.please>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:27:07 +0200

I also have this problem once, and it fixed itself after 1 or 2 hours! We really wonder what happened...

The user has a NT 4.0 with a client using 16bit sql*net reading config files in c:\orawin\network\admin.
 Same error message as you.
I tried with my NT 4.0 and 32bit sql*net, the connection was ok. Unix database server: no one connected on the instance but me.

I'd like to have an answer too ( if I found one I'll send it to you ). (please remove .nospam.please from my email to answer)

David