unimplemented or unreasonable conversion error

From: Thomas Rieffel <thomasr_at_fun.de>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:25:51 +0200

Hello,

we are running serveral Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux and Solaris and Iīve written an Application using Pro C. On one Server on Solaris I get the following Error:

ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested

If I start the application using the other servers (on Solaris or on Linux) I donīt get this error. So I think, there might be something wrong with the installation. Does anybody know, what is wrong.

The error occurs on serveral queries in the source, for expample here.

int
dbh_perm_appperm(char *appid,unsigned long *appsecret) {
  unsigned long asec=0;
  short dmy;
  char app_id[10];
  char test[100];

*appsecret=0;

  EXEC SQL SELECT asec INTO :asec:dmy FROM permappsec WHERE appi=:appid;

  if(sqlca.sqlcode!=0) return 1;
*appsecret=asec;

  return 0;
}

The table definition is.

create table permappsec(
  appi varchar2(4),
  asec integer
);

Thanks

Thomas Rieffel Received on Thu Apr 22 1999 - 01:25:51 CDT