OCI and C++ Exceptions

From: Merrill Lynch <anybody_at_ml.com>
Date: 21 Apr 1999 08:28:18 GMT

I'm using the OCI libraries on Solaris to call into an Oracle 7.3.3 server running on OpenVMS.
Everything works fine until any of my code throws a C++ exception. The code refuses to handle the exception when the executable is linked to the OCI libraries.

I've reduced the code to replicate the problem to the following:

#include <iostream.h>

int main(int, char**)
{

	try

{
cout << "Throwing..." << endl; throw 1; } catch(...)
{
cout << "...caught!" << endl; } return 0;

}

When I build this without linking to the OCI libraries I works fine, i.e.

Throwing...
...caught!

But when I link to the OCI libraries it aborts with an unhandled exception.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Simon. Received on Wed Apr 21 1999 - 03:28:18 CDT