SQL Help

From: Paul Wiles <paul_at_adzi.com>
Date: 1999/04/20

I'm in the process of rewriting some Transact SQL Sybase code to Oracle PL/SQL. Oracle does not appear to accept embedded subqueries of the form:

select * from TABLE_A

    WHERE
    (VAL1 - (select VAL2 from TABLE_B)

(i know this can be rewitten as select (COL_A,COL_B...) from TABLE_A,TABLE_B where VAL1 > VAL2 but the actual queries are more complex and I'd rather not rewrite then in this form if I can help it

Thanks

Paul Received on Tue Apr 20 1999 - 00:00:00 CDT