Help with Temporary Tables

From: Paul Wiles <john_at_adzi.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:59:32 +0100

Having been using temporary tables in Sybase, it appears Oracle temporary tables operate quite differently.

Temporary tables in Sybase are truly temporary - they are created with a random number which means many copies of the same code can be run. Each session creates a unique copy of the table.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems Oracle does not support this. A temporary table is just a normal table which you create and drop during a session. This means there will be naming conflicts when multiple copies of the same code are run.

Is there a simple solution to this problem? Otherwise I guess I'll have to create a random number and append it to the table name each time it's created.

Help appreciated.

Paul Received on Tue Apr 20 1999 - 04:59:32 CDT