Re: Clone a table to a new table on different db/server wth only two columns

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:31:37 +0800

You could use Oracle Snapshots to replicate the table to the second machine, depending upon requirements of the second machine. ( Read Only or Updateable or Each Way replication).

This would use SQL*Net to get the data to the second machine, and when you create the Snapshot on the second machine, the columns can be different names (hence supporting the Business Analyst needs).

With Snapshots, you can automate the refresh of the Snapshot with the DBMS_REFRESH package which runs under as a Job under Oracle Job Queue systems.

Hope this helps David,

Andrew