Re: Exporting Unix DB to NT

From: Graham C Thornton <graham.thornton_at_ln.ssw.abbott.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:42:06 -0500

AFAIK your approach should work.

A similar 'corrupt DMP' file we experienced turned out to be due to FTPing the file in ASCII mode.

An alternative approach would be to backup the controlfile, and then transfer each of the database
files (in binary mode) to the NT box and 'recreate' the database. I have nevery tried this from
UNIX to NT, but it worked nicely when we migrated from VAX to Alpha.

Good luck

Graham