Scope of tables?

From: Matthew C. Aycock <matt_at_cssun.mathcs.emory.edu>
Date: 20 Apr 1999 17:44:40 GMT

I am new to the oracle way of doing things. I have a LITTLE experience with Sybase on Solaris/sparc, but I am planning on migrating over to the new Oracle 8i server I just installed.

I have a user who created some tables. I would like another user to be able to refer to those tables without the need for specifying the owner. For example, Tom creates table x. I would like Sally to be able to do a select * from x instead of select * from Tom.x. I thought this would have been done via the TableSpace, but both Tom and Sally are in the default USER tablespace.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matthew

Matthew C. Aycock
Operating Systems Analyst/Admin, Senior Dept Math/CS
Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Internet: matt_at_mathcs.emory.edu Received on Tue Apr 20 1999 - 12:44:40 CDT