Re: Help needed with Date Functions

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:07:08 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Paul Wiles" <john_at_adzi.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:42:35 +0100, you wrote:

>Thanks Thomas that was useful - I don't have to recode my Sybase code!

You might want to look at the conversion kits we have..

There are 'conversion' kits freely available. These point out some of the pitfalls and workarounds with the conversions and also provide utilities to automate portions of it. They are a good tool to have in your toolbox (as long as you don't expect them to do 100% of the work that is...) To get them, you need an account on technet -- thats free, just goto http://technet.oracle.com/ and get an account. Once you have an account, goto http://technet.oracle.com/ -> "Find" and search for:

conversion kits

you'll see them all there.

>Thomas Kyte wrote in message <371c3245.855750_at_192.86.155.100>...
>>A copy of this was sent to "Paul Wiles" <john_at_adzi.com>

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Apr 19 1999 - 11:07:08 CDT