db_block_buffers

From: Bogie <Aussie_at_outback.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 99 02:25:10 GMT

I'm trying speed up a Oracle 7 database that has a buffer hit ratio of 62%. When I increased the value for db_block_buffer from 4000 to 8000 there was little if any difference in the hit ratio. Is there another value I should be changing also?. Are the blocks 64k blocks? I am new to Oracle so please excuse my ignorance.

                        TIA