Size limits going from blob to file using utl_file

From: Leon Poon <lpoon_at_Glue.umd.edu>
Date: 19 Apr 1999 21:52:41 GMT

I am trying to retrieve blobs from the database and store them in files. I know I can use the utl_file package to write to the server filesystem, but I am running into the 32K size limit. Any ideas on how to proceed?

Is there a better way of going from blob to file withoug going through the utl_file package? Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Oracle 8.0.5 on a Solaris 2.5.1 box.

Leon Poon Received on Mon Apr 19 1999 - 16:52:41 CDT