Re: Create new users

From: Jim Norton <jim.norton_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 11:13:29 -0400

Hello:

I am just new to Oracle as well and don't know how to even execute the example you gave. I assume it can be executed using SQL Plus? I have Oracle8 for Windows95/NT (trial) version.

Whenever I try to run SQL Plus I get asked for a user name/password etc. I have no idea what to put in and when I put in ORACLE/ORACLE/ORCL (specified
in the documentation)
then my machine connects to the internet through DUN and then I get an error message saying unable to resolve name with TNS.

My machine is not on a LAN but has a NIC and of course a dial up adaptor.

Is it possible to set things up for just a local machine? Any help would
be appreciated. The documentation is very hard to read when you have so little experience with Oracle...

Thanks,

Jim Norton