Oracle NFS/AFS

From: Grace Tsai <gtsai_at_bnl.gov>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:00:20 -0400

We have Oracle Server in a AIX box, and clients (Developer 2000, SQLPlus,
Programmer) in IRIX, AIX, Solaris boxes (will be in Linux also). A hard disk is connected to the Server box (the AIX box), and all the software (server and clients) are in this hard disk, then the directories which have the client software is mounted on all the Client boxes.

Our UNIX system administrators have asked if Oracle can be used in AFS instead of the NFS. I am not a system administrator, I dont understand exactly what this
question means. Can anybody explain this question to me and tell me the answer is
YES or NO?

Thanks very much in advance.

Grace Tsai
Brookhaven National Lab Received on Fri Apr 16 1999 - 09:00:20 CDT