Problems with running the Oracle Application Server 4.0.7

From: Dipl.-Inf. J. Reiner <reiner_at_gsf.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 14:02:57 +0200

Hello,

I'm on a ORACLE 8.05 Server and installed OAS 4.0.7 without further problems. I'm running NT4 SP3 (also tried out with SP4) and 128MB RAM.

I downloaded the Testverion of OAS 4.0.7 to evaluate the software with our DB's. But I came in some trouble after proper (I' seem) installation.

After starting all services In Node Manager always happend an error after selecting the tree

--> WEBADMIN40 + HTTP-Listener + Network. <--

the process wladmin brakes down with an NT-Exception Error:

--> Exception: Access violation (0xC0000005), Adress 0x78001799: <--
--> wladmin.exe

<--

The main thing is that this problem ocurred on 2 machines I install the OAS 4.0.7. (Similar NT update PATH)

Have I to install the Option Pack to run the OAS proper or have i to do other things not mentioned in the ORACLE PRE installation tasks. Can the JAVA path variables be the problem or ....

Has anybody any ideas where is the cause of this problem?

I'm looking forward to some answers.

J. Reiner Received on Fri Apr 16 1999 - 07:02:57 CDT