Re: Linux Error 13 when startin net8 listener

From: Haakon T Soenderland <haakonts_at_online.no>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:58:17 +0200

Phillip W Ross wrote:

> In article <7f5hoa$59c$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, ergates1902_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> >I'm getting errors when starting Net8 listener on Linux (redhat 5.2 2.0.36).
> >Have anybody seen this and know what migth cause it?
>
> I'm not a Net8 expert but this may be because you dont have the
> proper permissions. You might have to use the set passwd ocmmand to enter
> a password to get permission to use the listener.

Hi,

I was starting the listener logged in as the oracle owner (ie the os-user that owns the oracle files/installation). This is according to the book as far as I know. I suspect it is something in the Linux file system (or possibly one of the TCP/IP ports) that I don't have permission to access (on extremely thin ice here).

I can log in from the box the server is on (ie sqlplus user/passwd_at_db_alias) assuming that this would use Net8(?), but not from a client.

Anyone able to help?

Haakon T Soenderland
(I'm posting from a different account, sorry if anyone gets confued) Core Technology AS
Oslo, Norway Received on Fri Apr 16 1999 - 02:58:17 CDT