Character set access

From: <mvoigt_at_bigfoot.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 06:38:40 GMT

Hi,

I've got a problem with my 8i installation on Solaris, but I think it is comparable with other Oracle installations as well.

Any program will not start due to the fact, that it cannot access the character set files. Therefore I set the required environment variables (NLS_LANG and ORA_NLS) and checked the ocommon/nls/admin/data directory. Although it is not required because I am using the default set (us7ascii).

Anyway, e.g. dbassist is aborting with a JNLS Exception and the message that it cannot find any National Character Sets. Has someone a tip?

Matthias