Help,pls!! Multiple choices in Form4.5 and more questions

From: <dingfei_at_163.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 01:53:31 GMT

Hi, All.
I have some difficult questions. Any reply will be greatly appreciated!

  1. Is it possible to make multiple choice in a Form? It is known that there is only one choice in LOV or List Item. ( That is like : select ... from ... where :block1.Id= Order.order_Id ) What I would like to do is : select ... from ...where :block.Id in ( select ...from...where...) Such subquery will return at least five values. Can this be possibly developed in Forms (4.5)? or should use VBX?

2.'Copy' function in Forms I want to insert two records. The second has the same value as the first except PK_VALUE. e.g. 1.Record A,B,C,D,E 2.Record M,B,C,D,E The problem is whenever I do inserting in a Form, all columns are blank and waiting for entering data. Is it possible to just input 'F', and the other columns will be inserted automatically as same as previous one ('B','C','D','E,')?

3.To concatenate comment statement of two reports. I have two reports. Each has its own comment column. Now I want to concatenate these two comments and insert it into a new report. Is it possible in Reports2.5?

I have thought of these problems for a long time, but I still can't solve them. I am not sure whether I can do such things in Dev 2k? Please help!

Best regards

Mike Ding
mailto:fding_at_idirect.com