SQL*Loader error 524

From: Bill West <wwest_at_ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:35:37 -0700

Has anyone encountered an error of this type:

SQL*Loader-524: partial record found at end of datafile (test.ctl)

I am not sure this error refers to the data file or the control file since it mentions both. I use this utility frequently and this is the first time I encountered the error. It would seem to indicate some missing punctuation at the end of the control file but I can't see it. Below is the control file.

LOAD DATA INFILE 'c:\temp\sdsc\efft_index.csv'

BADFILE 'c:\temp\sdsc\efft_index.bad'

DISCARDFILE 'c:\temp\sdsc\efft_index.dis'

DISCARDMAX 999 REPLACE
INTO TABLE wwest.effective_index_master

FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' (ifis_index char,
effective_date date "dd-Mon-yy",
title char,
fund char,
org char,
program char,
refresh_date date "dd-Mon-yy",
accting_period integer external)

Any help would be greatly apprectiated.

Bill West
UCSD Received on Thu Apr 15 1999 - 15:35:37 CDT