Re: (no subject)

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: 1999/04/14

I would still want to be able to place Redo Log files on a separate set of disks to that of Database Files, and Archived Redo Log files.

I would also want to be able to try and split Tables and Indexes onto separate disks.

If you are in a VLDB environment, then you may need a Volume Manager to create large logical disks aka data files, but remember that there is a limit on the size of an extent (2Gb) as per a previous message thread.

Also Volume Managers are generally the way to obtain Raid configurations, hence another need for them.

Just my 0.02
Andrew