Master/slave scripts

From: Izabella <Izabella.Urbanek_at_afp.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:43:40 +1000

Hi,

Browsing through the Oracle newsgroups I have come across the term "master/slave scripts" several times. Reading the answers, it would seem that usually they are just PL/SQL or SQL scripts. Do they have any special properties to be called master/slave or is it just a term come from another language? I've been writing scripts for Oracle for quite a number of years now and haven't come across the term before. Could anyone explain just what those master/slave scripts are?

Thanks
Izabella Received on Wed Apr 14 1999 - 20:43:40 CDT