REPORTS and Multi-Bin Units

From: David Bosch Geli <david_at_elpunt.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 23:15:48 +0100

Hello.

I have a problem with Report Builder and my brand new printer.

I am using "Report Builder version 3.0.5.8.0".

We bought the printer EPSON EPL-N4000 with the optional component "Multi-Bin Unit". This components can classify the printed documents in 10 separate bins. These bins are for output the paper.

Sorry, my english is not so good. I will try to express myself in the best way.

We want to print a report. This report containts pages that are for diferent persons. We want to put the papers that are for the diferent persons in the diferent "output bins" of our printer. We do this because we don't want that these persons lose time choosing what pages are for one and what are for the others. For exemple:

We want that the person 1 takes his documents from the "output bin" #1. We want that the person 2 takes his documents from the "output bin" #2. Etc.

We have the PCL code that determines what "output bin" choose the printer. But we don't know where/how to put this code in the Report. We don't know how to send it to the printer without using the character mode (we want to print in bitmap mode).

Does anyone know the solution?

Thank you in advance.

David Bosch
e-mail: david_at_elpunt.com Received on Wed Apr 14 1999 - 17:15:48 CDT