ODBC from Access97 to Oracle/parameter query not working

From: <go_brien_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:28:07 GMT

Hi all,

I am having a strange problem with a query that doesn't work in Access97 to get data on a view from Oracle7.2 via Oracle 7.3 driver version 2.05.

I have a the following a query that works when the where clause (when viewed in SQL ) links to a "hardcoded" value i.e.:

where dept_no = 1

However, when I change the query to use an access97 parameter value by typing in [input] in the access window

the query in sqlpassthrough

becomes where dept_no = [input]

and gives the error message invalid relational operator.

No matter what I do I cannot get this query to work for this particular view OVER an oracle7 DATABASE LINK. When I set up the exact same query and connect directly to the instance (eliminating the oracle dblink) it works fine!. When I set up a query on ANOTHER view or table that does not go across an oracle dblink, the parameter stuff works find and Access prompts me to input a value.

I looked at Oracle trace and lots of strange gobbldygook like :

sql*fetch return code -1. Fetch out of sequence.

What does that mean?

-Geraldine

http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own Received on Wed Apr 14 1999 - 15:28:07 CDT