Re: Problem Creating Triggers

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:30:52 +0200

Roli Wymann wrote
> 1 CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER websiteUpdateDetailsTR BEFORE UPDATE
> 2 ON WEBSITE_PROFILE
> 3 begin
> 4 update WEBSITE_PROFILE set status='U';
> 5* end;
> 6 /

I doubt that this is what Paul needs... You are updating the very table the trigger is fired for. Why? Even worse: website_profile will be mutating when you actually use the trigger. Maybe you wanted to show:

    create or replace ...

        on website_profile
        for each row
    begin
        :new.status := 'U';

    end;

Arjan. Received on Tue Apr 13 1999 - 13:30:52 CDT