Re: Obtaining a Development Copy of Oracle Apps

From: Philip Chee <philip_at_aleytys.pc.my>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 99 14:34:00 GMT

In article <3711B65F.7DA5E4E2_at_vnl.nl> f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl writes:
>Pete MacPherson wrote:

>> <snip>
>> My difficulty is now that I'm on my own, I don't have access anymore to an
>> Oracle schema. In order to develop my bolt-on application, I need at least
>> a demo copy of the Oracle applications. For example, just an export of the
>> database for all users' objects. Can anybody help me determine my
>> alternatives for obtaining this?

>I know there's a Designer/2000 (V1) model of applications (V10.7 if memory
>serves me correct). Maybe you could benefit from that?
>BTW would probably not be cheap, either.

One possiblilty is to get hold of one of the two demo databases that come with various versions of the Applications (one of them is GLOBAL and the other demo database is VISION). You get one or the other or possibly both depending on the version of the Apps you bought.

It might be worth asking your local Oracle sales office if they are willing to give you a copy of the CD containing the demo database. Or if you still have contacts in your previous place of employment, somebody might be willing to burn you a copy.

Philip

 Philip Chee: Tasek Corporation Berhad, P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA   e-mail: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my Voice:+60-5-545-1011 Fax:+60-5-547-3932    Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
---
 þ 10180.45 þ Fatal Database Error #10070: Sysop late for work Received on Tue Apr 13 1999 - 09:34:00 CDT