Strange behavior with OO4Ole

From: EBR <11eebr13_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 22:43:00 GMT

Hi,

I have a strange situation I'm trying to analyze and maybe you can help me.

I'm running an Oracle 8.0.4 on an NT 4.0 SP4. My hardware is a PII 333mhz with 512mb RAM and 15GB in a disk array.

We have a system that was written in VB and previously ran with SQL Server. The application was converted to run with Oracle using Oracle Objects for OLE. Everything is working fine and pretty well, except for a strange fact that happens sometimes.

It seems that an abnormal interruption of the program dispatches some process that leads the server CPU to get 100% and keep indefinitely on that state, making our Ferrari to behave like a beetle. We noticed that a normal interruption doesn't produce such behavior.

Anyway, it seems that another occasions (still not confirmed) also produce similar results. After getting the 100%, the only way to put it normally again is to shutdown the instance and start it up again.

Has anyone experienced that behavior in similar situations?

Thanks in advance,

EBR
** Please remove the primes to get my real e-mail Received on Sun Apr 11 1999 - 17:43:00 CDT