Need sample code for VB 5.0 or VB 6.0

From: Martin Stahl <stahl_at_memo-software.de>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 01:28:52 +0200

Hello everybody,

I urgently need a simple example code to access an Oracle 7.3.4-Database from VB 5.0 or VB 6.0 (Enterprise).

It has not to be a fast or elegant solution. I only have to send a SQL statement to the database (like 'INSERT INTO blabla.... VALUES Blubberblubber...').

It is not relevant if it is an ADO, DAO, RDO or ODBC code, but it should be a complete example code because I am a beginner in programming databases.

Wich variables and declarations have to be done, how is the syntax for connecting the database or to send a SQL statement?

I know the name of the database, the user name and the password. Do I need some more information to do this job?

Because it is very urgent, I hope you can answer me soon.

Thank you very much!

Many greetings!

Martin

--
Martin Stahl
memo Software & Service

Fon +49 7195 940161
Fax +49 7195 940162

E-Mail mailto:stahl_at_memo-software.de Received on Sat Apr 10 1999 - 18:28:52 CDT