Jobs in SF: BrokerBot, Inc.

From: <jobs_at_brokerbot.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 21:23:06 -0700

BrokerBot, Inc. is a top-tier venture-funded startup doing real-time agent software for applications in ecommerce and securities trading, located in the San Francisco Bay Area.

We are an early-stage company with a major potential for upside which we will share with our employees. Our company is dedicated to building an energetic and enthusiastic culture where excellence, collegiality, and creativity can flourish.

Successful candidates for the following positions will have excellent opportunities for career growth as well as for growth as individual contributors. For people interested in stock markets, online commerce, or both, we think these positions will be even more exciting.

As the bulk of our system is written in Java, experience with Java will be valuable; however, the kind of person we need will be able to become proficient in Java quickly, so extensive prior experience with Java is not critical provided the candidate has demonstrable skills in object-oriented design and coding.

Candidates should be comfortable using Unix as a development environment and target platform.

Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment are necessary.

To apply for any of these positions, send your resume to jobs_at_brokerbot.com along with a cover letter explaining your relevant interests and qualifications. These documents should be in plain text or HTML--a URL is acceptable. (If you send us word-processing documents, that is pretty clear evidence that you are not paying attention.) Principals only--no recruiters or agencies. Do not apply for these jobs after May 21, 1999.

Our immediate openings are as follows:

SENIOR DATABASE ENGINEER
The successful candidate's primary responsibility will be to design and implement a variety of back-end databases using a third-party object relational database engine and to interface them with Java via JDBC. This position requires greater than 5 years' database development experience, a minimum 3 years' Java or C++ programming experience, proven ability to deliver distributed, high-volume, high-availability databases, and a B.S. degree or equivalent.

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERS
Successful candidates will play a key role in designing and building major functional areas of our software system. This position requires greater than 5 years' software development experience, a minimum 3 years' Java or C++ programming experience, proven ability in product development, and a B.S. degree or equivalent.

SOFTWARE ENGINEERS
Successful candidates will play a key role in building major functional areas of our software system. This position requires 3-5 years' software development experience, a minimum 3 years' Java or C++ programming experience, and a B.S. degree or equivalent.

WEB/UI ENGINEER
The successful candidate's primary responsibility will be to program dynamic web content using HTML, industry standard tools, and custom in-house tools. A minimum of 3 years' HTML experience and a minimum of 3 years' professional programming experience are required. Candidates should have a sense for good design. A B.S. degree or equivalent is required. Received on Fri Apr 09 1999 - 23:23:06 CDT