Re: Connect from INTERNET

From: Christopher M. Day <christopher.day_at_rdbms.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 21:28:53 +0100

Georgy,

The problem is that the port# assigned by the listener to your SQL*Plus session is different, a therefore most likely blocked by your firewall.

To fix this you need to add the string USE_SHARED_SOCKET=TRUE in the registry under your Oracle key. This will force all Oracle connections to use the same server side port number ie 1521.

I've found this works with the Oracle8 Listener, but cannot confirm with the O7 listener.

Note - this doesn't happen under UNIX, MVS, OS/390 etc.

Chris